You love to read and you love ice cream so it should be easy to jump in here to help a couple of worthy causes in the name of literacy. ( I know, the ice cream thing is a stretch, but indulge me.)
For those of us in and around Philly, it’s not new news that the Philadelphia Free Library is battling a funding crisis. If you want to help, take 5 minutes to follow these simple instructions.
1. Open this template letter to your state legislator: Legislator Library Letter
2. Open this link to find the name and address of your state legislator: Find Your Legislator
3. Fill in the appropriate info on the letter, sign it, and mail that puppy to your legislator. Good deed for the day. Check.
If you feel compelled, you can read all the details here on the FLP site: WE NEED ACTION NOW!
And now for something completely different.
Librarians are especially hot these days, so Andy Woodworth has decided to combine the hotness of librarians and the coolness of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream in the Facebook group, People for a library-themed Ben & Jerry’s flavor!, which asks us to accept the following logic:
1. Libraries are awesome
2. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream is tasty
3. A library-themed Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream would be tasty awesome!
You won’t get an argument from me.
So jump over to Woodworth’s Facebizzle group to catch up on some current flavor suggestions, and then check out Menachem Kaiser’s New Yorker piece, Tasty De-Lit, where he lists a handful of great possibilities, then click over to Ben & Jerry’s Suggest A Flavor page to weigh in with your official entry.
Hook up with the Philadelphia Free Library on Twitter.
The Philly Free Library’s Author Events on Twitter.
Hook up with Ben & Jerry’s on Twitter.